Sunny helps women with and without disability to recognise, respond and get help if they are experiencing violence and abuse.
Sunny helps women to:
– Learn about violence and abuse
– Learn about rights
– Learn through interactive stories
– Begin to tell their story using an interactive keyboard
– Call 1800RESPECT 24/7 for free and confidential help
– Call emergency services if in immediate danger
Sunny includes accessible, easy to read information about:
– Sorts of violence women may experience
– Where violence can happen
– Who can do violence
– Key rights that all women have
Sunny was made by an expert group of women with disability,1800RESPECT and Women with Disabilities Australia (WWDA)
Sunny was made by and for women with disability but is useful for all women.
Before downloading or sharing this app, think about your safety.
If you are in danger right now, call 000.
To talk to a counsellor about sexual assault, family or domestic violence, or any other sort of violence, please call 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732 or go to www.1800respect.org.au
1800RESPECT is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services to provide support for:
– People experiencing, or at risk of experiencing, sexual assault, domestic or family violence
– Their friends and family
– Workers and professionals supporting someone experiencing, or at risk of experiencing sexual assault, domestic or family violence
We are a confidential service available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Information: On sexual assault, domestic and family violence, abuse, and other issues.
Referral: Putting you in touch with people and services that can help you
Counselling: What you talk about and how much you say is up to you. We can listen and work with you to come up with things that might help. Workers and professionals can also use this service.